Printed Xmas cards are a great way to remind customers that you exist and you’ll set yourself apart from your competitors. You can use them to wish your customers a happy Christmas but also make them an offer to drive or win back their business.
It’s proven that print marketing is the most successful channel for getting a response but, even though Christmas card printing isn’t expensive, the postal costs can make it feel like an expensive project. It’s important that you can see a measurable response and a return on your investment so here are some quick tips to use Xmas card printing and ensure many happy returns…
- Thank your customers for their business by offering them a discount or voucher for a product of service
- It’s also a good opportunity to reactivate old customers similar to above
- Make your Xmas card dual purpose by encompassing a novelty loyalty card within your design or just enclose a loyalty card separately
- Include a voucher code for an online purchase
- Include tear off coupons to redeem in store
- Ask them to leave you a review in return for entry into a competition
- Offer a special gift for them if they fill in the attached refer a friend form
- Send a card early to gain their interest in a festive product or event, like a Christmas party, with a discount if they book
- Use our new NFC paper to activate your print and when recipients tap their phone on your card take them online for a fun video message
If your Christmas card printing strategy is to encourage customers to come in store make sure you receive the voucher/coupon etc and hold onto it in order to measure your response rate.
If you are encouraging people to go online make sure you set up a way of measuring:
- set a unique code for this campaign
- set up a landing page on your website and measure hits in your analytics
- use QR codes to take customers online to the above page – you can measure response where you set up the code
- use NFC to activate your print and take users online – it’s app independent on most new phones (even iphones have caught up!) and, again, its measurable
- ask them to follow you on social media to join a competition and measure new followers
Whatever you do – make sure it is measurable!
Order your Printed Christmas cards here…